Bergen Psychological Services, LLC offers a personalized approach to therapy that is tailored to each of the patients' needs.
Our expertise includes:
- Grief and Loss
- Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Panic Disorder
- Autism Spectrum (behavior therapy)
- Self Esteem issues
- Stress Management
Areas of specialized training within our group include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression and Anxiety
- Behavioral Treatments for Attention-Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) & Tourette Syndrome
- Parent Management Training
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Depression
- Family Therapy
Why seek out therapy?
Seeking out therapy is an individual choice. There are many reasons why people come to therapy.
Therapy with our clinicians may assist in providing insight and new perspectives into life's challenges and can help create solutions to difficult problems. Many people find that working with a therapist can enhance personal development, improve relationships and family dynamics, and can ease the challenges of daily life. Sometimes, just having someone there to listen is helpful. Overall, people in therapy tend to have lower levels of anxiety and stress, decreased conflict, and improved quality of life.
Some of the benefits available from therapy include:
- Developing new skills for handling stress and anxiety
- Modifying unhealthy behavior and long-standing patterns
- Attaining insight into personal patterns and behavior
- Increasing confidence, peace, vitality, and well-being
- Improving ways to manage anger, depression and moods
- Discovering new ways to solve problems
Gabby S., age 14